Monday, March 8, 2010

Where has the month gone? Where did the weekend go? Is it spring time yet?


For the past month I’ve been trying to get my arm to heal up and it’s been torture not climbing, especially when working at a climbing gym!! Being buried underneath loads and loads of schoolwork I decided to join some fellow climbers and crushers on Sunday, just get outdoors and put my hands on some real rock! And what a truly unbelievable Sunday it was!! After spending my entire Saturday devoted to studying, it was more than a pleasure to wake up earlier than usual and head upstate to Mount Kisco!

The weather was a gift in itself, but being able to leave the city of never ending madness and take a hike in the warming sun with crunchy melting ice stacked on top of fallen wintery leaves with good people was a true blessing! The air was crisp and gave off an aroma of sweet spring. Although I hit points of frustration throughout the day, not being able to climb as strong as I know could have, had I not taken the month off, everything I attempted just got me amped to be outside!

As the day came to an end and the sun began to set, we all tried to squeeze in a few last boulder problems. The horizon was a gorgeous pink and the trees were glowing against the contrast of the bright, white snow.

Making our way back to the cars with what little light we had left, we all marched with a feeling of satisfaction, at least I know I did! And waking up this morning nice and sore was amazing, the best feeling ever!! I don’t think I can wait any longer for Spring to arrive… it’s time to crush!!

No comments:

Post a Comment