Monday, January 11, 2010

PHILLY!

OUR TRIP!



On Saturday, January 9th, Renee, Nolan, Paul, Andy and I went to Philadelphia to play in PA (http://www.philarockgym.com/) in a Winter Burn bouldering comp.
A day worth of scrambling and organizing, 2 hours of harassment for Paul in the car and a lot of excitement later we successfully made it into the parking lot of the gym. Paul parked us in the bushes due to no parking.
So far, so good.
The place was pretty big, people shuffling all over the place; this was going to be fun.

We all played and did our best, people were super nice, setters did a great job providing us with some kick ass problems and over all atmosphere was PSYCHED!
Our own ladycrusher Renee seemed to be having a little off time at first, but she quickly picked it up and her stoked meter scaled way into the red zone. Woman rocked it out and placed 4th in women’s advanced. FUCK YEAH! Congratulations, Renee, you ROCK!!!!
Aleks (me) competed in advanced, but somehow managed to place out of my category and made it into women’s finals!

(Nolan took this photo)


I nearly threw up. Good thing i had Abe and Tyler from OUTLIER (http://outlier.cc/) give me their awesome ladies pants that are water and dirt resistant. I guess it would’t have mattered if i yaked on them at the end. I didn’t. I could have, but i didn’t.
As I set there facing the crowd, i saw Nolan, Paul, Renee and Andy(i was looking for them), i mouthed to them that i was "scuured) and they responded with thumbs up, hearts and a lot of positive energy. Thank you, guys. You're the bestest best EVER!
The comp was super fun, i didn’t complete any of the problems, but it was awesome to see if i can figure them out on the spot and how far i can get under pressure. I decided that i made it far enough and watched other women compete,learning form them. Strong ass bitches. Inspired yet again. That was a great experience, and i know what i did and didn't do and what i should work on in the future.
We didn’t make it home until 3 am. It was well worth it and now my body hurts, I'm sure everyone else’s does too. It’s such a good pain, i want to eat it.
rock climbing is awesome. i want to eat it too.



I totally stalled on the 3d women's...so you don't get to watch it, ha
Thanks Paulie for the Videos!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sick!!! Awesome job Aleks & Renee. How did the MPHC boys do?

    ReplyDelete